Rotary Means Business – A Rotary International Fellowship
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
July 22, 2014 5:00 pm GMT -8:00
Next meeting – October 21, 2014 – 5:00 pm GMT -8:00
Present: Mark Burchill, Chair (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Yale Abrams, Vice Chair (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Wayne Rowlands, Secretary (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), John McHugh, Treasurer (Rotary club of Santa Rosa, California, USA), Tony Benner (Rotary Club of Sydney, Australia)
Absent: Troy Carrington, Board Member (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Sachin Gururaj, Board Member (Rotary Club of Bangalore Yelahanka, India), Arthur Claxton, Board Member (Rotary Club of Surrey Guildford, British Columbia, Canada)
The meeting was called to order at 5:00PM PST by the Rotary Means Business Fellowship Chairman, Mark Burchill. For remote members, we connected via a Google Hangout which worked well.
Minutes from Q2-14 meeting were approved.
Financial Report: John McHugh – John reported that after income and expenses, we have in our bank account $1384.00 in the Summit State Bank Account. $127.00 in Pay Pal account
Membership Report: John McHugh
• Individual membership: 93 paid in Q2-14 ( 28 paid in Q1-14) 121 individual members
• Local chapter affiliation: 1 paid in Q2-14 ( 2 paid in Q1-14) 3 Local Chapter Affiliations
• RI Convention booth review: Mark Burchill
o RMBF Annual meeting review: Mark Burchill
• Encourage mentoring (see Rotary For Business from UK)
• Help in crafting website terms and conditions – Bill Fishman volunteered in working on this.
• Other Old Business: Wayne requested that anyone with technology skills make contact with him so that we can add additional webmasters to help with things such as vetting new members and other website administration functions.
• Election Results: Wayne Rowlands – all the elected officers and directors are now on the website.
• Officers: Election
• RMBSFP: Mark, Wayne, others – It was decided that we are going to continue to show the great work that we are doing throughout the world and abide by the RI guidelines and rules that they have provided us with.
• Upcoming RMB Fellowship board meetings:
o October 21, 2014
o January 20, 2015
o April 21, 2015
o June 7-10, 2015 (Potential dates @ Sao Paulo)
o July 21, 2015
o October 20, 2015
o Regular schedule: 3rd Tuesday of 1st month in quarter (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
Meeting adjourned – 6:00 pm