Rotary Means Business – A Rotary International Fellowship
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
January 21, 2014 5:00 pm GMT -8:00
Next meeting – April 15, 2014 – 5:00 pm GMT -8:00
Present: Mark Burchill, Chair (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Yale Abrams, Vice Chair (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Troy Carrington, Board Member (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Wayne Rowlands, Secretary (Rotary Club of Santa Rosa, California USA), Sachin Gururaj, Board Member (Rotary Club of Bangalore Yelahanka, India), Arthur Claxton, Board Member (Rotary Club of Surrey Guildford, British Columbia, Canada), John McHugh, Treasurer (Rotary club of Santa Rosa, California, USA).
Absent: Tony Benner (Rotary Club of Sydney, Australia)
The meeting was called to order at 5:04PM PST by the Rotary Means Business Fellowship Chairman, Mark Burchill.
- John McHugh was confirmed as the Fellowship Treasurer.
- Trademark issue resolved – Rotary International is responsible for all Rotary trademarks. RMB does not have to take any action
- Logo status – Rotary International had some suggestions for revision of the RMB logo, to meet Rotary International Policies on the use of the Rotary name. Options for the new logo in being worked on and will be presented to RI for comments some time in February.
- Bank Account - confirmed at Summit Bank, Rohnert Park, California.
- PayPal Account – has been set up.
- Mailing address: Rotary Means Business Fellowship, PO Box 95, Santa Rosa, CA95402 - confirmed
- Procedure/Technology for non-local Board members to participate in meetings – We have selected Skype for remote connections. At this time, the Skype address will be the address for Wayne Rowlands. The Skype address is wayne_rowlands.
- Individual membership – The annual membership fee is now set at $10 and can be paid on the website.
- Local group affiliation – The annual group fee is set at $30 and can be paid on the website.
- Procedure for international voting for Board will be set up to be done on the website. This will be implemented before the upcoming election set for June 30, 2014.
- RI Convention, Booth: Booth in House of Friendship will be organized by Mark Burchill. We will be reaching out to Tony Benner, member of the Rotary Club of Sydney, Australia. Some of the things that will be required will be: Collateral materials, Power Point or video, Display, Logo product to sell, Staffing schedule
- RI Convention, Annual Meeting: Scheduled for Monday, June 2, 14:00-15:30.
- Lifetime membership - A discussion was held on whether the Fellowship should we offer lifetime membership. It was decided that it was too early to make this decision. The Board wants to wait a few months and see how annual membership goes. Tabled until the July Board meeting.
- Domain transfer (to Fellowship) – The URLs for RotaryMeansBusiness.org, .net. and .com have been transferred from Mark to the Fellowship.
- Encourage mentoring – A group called Rotary For Business, in the UK is finding success with members of their group offering mentoring to both Rotarians and non-Rotarians. This is helping raise the profile of their local Rotary Clubs, and had been successful in recruiting new Rotary members in their area. The RMB Fellowship will look into this program and see how it can be applied to the Fellowship, and to other local groups. Treasurer John McHugh and Chair Mark Burchill agreed to look into this opportunity and report back to the RMB Fellowship Board. Tabled until the April meeting.
- Upcoming RMB Fellowship board meetings:
- April 15, 2014
- June 3, 2014 (old Board, before or after general meeting @ Sydney)
- July 15, 2014 (new Board)
- October 21, 2014
- January 20, 2015
- April 21, 2015
- June 7-10, 2015 (Potential dates @ Sao Paulo)
- July 21, 2015
- October 20, 2015
- Regular schedule: 3rd Tuesday of 1st month in quarter (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
Meeting adjourned – 6:00 pm